Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Am Sad.

I have never lost a job before. I have never been fired. I have never been asked to voluntarily leave. In fact, all of my previous bosses have tried to find ways to convince me to stay. So to say that my recent lay off is hitting me hard is an understatement. It is devastating.

Sorry, I'm not feeling funny nor am I feeling uplifting. However, Ray has been full of wit and sarcasm:

When I pointed out that her recent bathroom break resulted in some wet underwear from some misdirected pee, she said, "Mommy, that wouldn't have happened if you wiped my bottom correctly."

While E was eating his homemade egg sandwhich this morning, Ray decided she was still hungry. E: "Ray, are you going to eat my whole sandwhich?" Ray: "No, daddy. I am going to save a little for you."

While Ray was taking a nap, a phone rang on the tv. All of a sudden we heard from her room, "Mooommy, I hear a phone ringing. You better answer it!"

While putting her to bed tonight, she said, "Mommy, I am sorry I yelled at you." This is the first time she's ever apologized for her sassy mouth. It done my heart good (yes, I know that wasn't good English. It was on purpose.)

That's all I've got for tonight. Thank you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

AFRo said...

Awe honey. I really hope things look up. I can only imagine how disheartening it must be. Hang in there and pray that things don't get any worse. I'll be sure to throw you into me and the Big Guy's conversation tonight as well.

Lipstick said...

I'm so sorry for the layoff. These are some tough times. My father was laid off when I was four and I actually remember it. I remember being so excited because he would be home all the time.