Sunday, March 30, 2008

Isn't She Lovely

I just put Ray down for her nap by patting her back while her lullabye CD played. The CD is of an unknown title because my friend, Aimee, burned it for me when the her son and Ray were just three weeks old. On the CD is the song Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder. E has already decided that this song is going to be the Father/Daughter dance song at Ray's wedding. She has no say in the matter. And she's not allowed to date until she's thirty. But that's another post altogether.

Read these words. It describes how we feel about our daughter totally.

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

Isnt she lovely
Isnt she wonderfull
Isnt she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isnt she lovely made from love

Isnt she pretty
Truly the angels best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I cant believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isnt she lovely made from love

2 comments:

AFRo said...

Thank god I started the happy pills this week or I'd totally be sitting here sobbing right now.

This is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, afro was here? WTH! Hi, afro! Anyway, I Mitch, I often sing this song to myself in the mirror, and to my Sweet Pea as well. Although when I sing it to her, she says "No. No. No. No." over and over.