Thursday, March 27, 2008

Diaper-change Escape Artist

Chay loves to be chased. Usually during diaper changes. He'll get up in the middle of one and run as fast as those legs will take him, either into our bedroom or his room. He used to just run into the room and fall on the ground laughing his butt off and kicking his legs histerically. Now he's started hiding. The first time he did this, I couldn't for the life of me find him. I walked into his room and all I could hear were little giggles and screeches coming from the corner of his room. He had managed to squeeze his big ol' body between the wall and his crib and wouldn't come out. I had to then squeeze my even bigger and fatter body in there to pull him out.

While these hide and seek sessions are usually funny -- his laugh is infectious you know -- it can get so annoying when you are in a hurry or just plain lazy and don't feel like getting off the floor. During those times Ray helps by holding him down. She loves it wrestling him to the ground (and I actively encourage this). Luckily he hasn't peed or pooped on the floor during his diaper change escapes. Then I'll be actively discouraging these hide and seek sessions.

No comments: