Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Please Say Prayers for Collin Bowen

There is a soldier in Texas who desperately needs your prayers. His name is Collin Bowen. Regardless of whether you support the war, please support this soldier and his family. You can read his story at the family's caringbridge blog, here, and get a quick run down, here.

I grew up in a small town called Marion, Indiana. My parents were good friends with Collin's parents, so I was frequently subjected to torture by their three kids (I mean that in the nicest of ways, but come on, I'm an only child not used to brothers). I am the same age as Justin, Collin's younger brother. Most of my memories are of Justin, but I do remember being teased many times by Collin for being Justin's "girlfriend" when we were little. And, man, he was relentless.

Justin and I were close friends from elementary school through college, but we have lost touch through the years. I do think about him every once and awhile and had been wondering how he was doing. I am heartbroken that I am in touch with him again only because of this tragedy.

God bless you, Collin, and thank you for your service to our country!

Edited to add: Please be patient with me. I want to keep this post up top for a couple of days. I will start back with my wit and sarcasm soon, I promise!

No comments: