Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm Talking to the Numbers

In the car this morning on the way to school:

Ray: What does Chay start with?
Me: C
Ray: No, Mommy. I'm talking to the numbers. What number does he start with?
Me: Huh? I don't know how to play this game.
Ray: Does he start with 1?
Me: Sure, he can start with 1.
Ray: What about Papa?
Me: Papa doesn't start with a number. He starts with the letter P.
Ray: No, mommy! I'm talking to the numbers! What number does he start with?
Me: Uhm, 3.
Ray: 3. That's a good number. What about Uncle Tom?
Me: 10.
Ray: What about G-mawie?
Me: She's a 9. ***
Ray: What about Emiwy?
Me: Emily is a 4.
Ray: A 4. I like Emiwy. What about Santa?
Me: 99
Ray: What about Rudolph?
Me: 100
Ray: What about all the reindeers?
Me: 101 - 112
Ray: What about the cars on the road?
Me: OK, Ray. Now you are just being silly.
Ray: I'm not being silly! What number are the cars on the road?
Me: Mommy isn't playing this game anymore. I'm done.


***Jeanmarie, if you are reading this, it is a totally arbitrary number. I put no value whatsoever on the size of the numbers that I was doling out. I really just wanted to shut her up.

No comments: