Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Leprechaun Shenanigans

I know, I'm a week late on this post, but I've been busy. And had writers block. And...yeah, I have no excuse. But, the truth is, I've been wanting to tell this story for a week.

Leprechauns have visited Ray and Chay's daycare every year for St. Patrick's Day, and they love it. So we thought we would implement Leprechaun Shenanigans at home!

Unfortunately, it didn't go over so well with Beauty. She was very excited when she first came home. Ray loved following the little green footprints that E drew on the tile with her washable markers. She thought it was funny that the Leprechauns peed green pee in the toilet (and Chay would NOT let us flush the toilet all night!). But she stopped finding it funny when she discovered that they turned our milk green and, GASP!, the Leprechauns turned her macaroni and cheese dinner green, too.

Unfortunately, we didn't have any green grapes to completely torture her.

Clearly, Chay was not worried about Leprechauns turning his food green.


She clearly has a problem with him eating the green food.
Ray lightened up after I told her it wasn't Leprechaun pee that turned the food green. It took awhile but I finally convinced her that I was pretty sure they used green food coloring. Unfortunately, she refused to eat anything but the grapes. Again, unfortunately for Ray, since she didn't eat dinner, she didn't get the special treat the Leprechauns brought - Green Cupcakes. She told me she didn't care because she was pretty sure the Leprechauns peed in them.


I was able to convince her to drink the green milk! Success!
I did manage to get her to go to sleep without fear of any rogue Leprechauns by telling her they all went back to Ireland to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Ray is totally and thoroughly convinced (with no help from me, mind you!) that Ireland is full of green, four leaf clovers, pots of gold, and naughty Leprechauns!

Looks like Leprechaun Shenanigans will have to be tamed down next year... at least no green water in the toilets, right?
(PS - I know my kitchen is a mess, please excuse us...but I'm just keeping it real!)

No comments: