Tuesday, August 5, 2008

She Continues to Break My Heart

I just finished putting Ray to bed. During the winding down phase, Ray and I had the following conversation:

Ray: Mommy, promise me something.

Me: What's that, Ray?

Ray: Promise me you won't go to work anymore.

Me: Oh, honey, I wish I could promise you that, but I just can't.

Ray: But, Mooooommmmyyyyyy, I have plenty of money in my piggy bank. Lots and lots and lots and lots of money. Please?

Me: I wish I could baby.

***
Oh, how I wish I could. But then I remember the really scared email I sent to G-mawie and realize that I just am not cut out for stay at home momdom.

I think it would be easier on her if she was back in school full time. For the last two weeks she's spent Monday and Tuesday at home with E. And, unfortunately for everyone, E has had a bad case of the gout which has rendered him crippled for a day and a half. While he's alone with the kids. Two days in a row. Poor thing is just bored!

E is always a great dad to the kids and finds all kinds of interesting ways to entertain them. But when he has the gout as badly as he has the past day and a half, he really just can't walk. Finally, last night I had to take him to the urgent care to get him meds so that he could just sleep, let alone walk.

Seriously, I can't wait until E gets a job and all is back to normal in our world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too cute - "I have lots of money." And I especially love the label "I am married to an old man." Thanks for making me laugh before bedtime.