Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Funny Things They Say

Chay is starting to come out of his shell in a major way. He flirts with his teachers. He disagrees with Ray when she tells him to do something. And, man, does he grunt at me when he's not happy. My little Bull has developed his own sense of humor, and its a pretty good one.

He is also coming up with some doozy sayings.

Take this conversation, for instance:

Chay: I want watamewon. Pweese? Can I have watamewon?

Me: Let's work on this. It is WATER MELLON. You aren't Elmer Fudd.

Chay: I just want watamewon. Pwease.

E: You kinda look like Elmer Fudd, with that new hair cut and your ears.

Chay to me: That's messed up. (And you will need to picture his face, with his eyebrows all crooked and face scrunched up, the perfect facial).

********************

Chay has been wearing his sunglasses EVERYWHERE. And when he puts them on, he is a "rock star." And he will tell everyone he sees that he's a "rock and roll rock star."

As much as he loves his drums and guitar, I do see a future in music, despite the cheesy sunglasses.

********************

And then there's this sweet compliment he paid me last week after I ran six miles:

Chay: Mommy, you stink.

Me: Chay! I'm the stink monster. Give me a hug!

Chay: Oh, no. AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Get away stink monster!

Me (after a shower): Chay, will you give me a hug now?

Chay (after smelling my arm): Mmmmm....mommy, you smell good now. Before you smelled like a trash can. Now you smell like a rose.

Me: Well, I aim to please.

No comments: