Thursday, January 8, 2009

You Know She's Sick When...

...She puts herself to bed at 7:30. Normal nights we're forcing her to go at 8:30, and she manages to stall until 9. Not tonight. She was begging to go to bed.

Ray rarely gets sick. I can count on one hand how many fevers she's had. Chay, on the other hand, is always sick. I don't remember the last time he didn't have a runny nose, and he has a fever at least once a month.

So, when Ray crawled into my lap last night at 6:00 burning up, heart racing, and proceeded to fall asleep, I was worried. I know, its just a cold. But she never gets sick!

Obviously, she caught whatever E and Chay had a day or two before. But they shook it off within 12 hours. Little Ray's immunity hasn't built itself up quite as much because her body just isn't used to getting sick. Isn't it weird how that happens?

She refuses to admit she's sick though. "I'm not sick, mommy. I'm just cold." Then she shivers a fake little shiver. It would be cute if it wasn't so pathetic.